Sunday, February 8, 2009

Get a Hanky friends...

Gabe and I spoke in sacrament meeting today and I talked about this video called "99 Balloons" that I had seen on Oprah. Its truly amazing to me what incredibly difficult trials some parents face, and I was so blown away by this family's story. Their little baby Eliot was diagnosed in Utero with a genetic disorder called Trisomy 18. Average lifespan for these babies is a mere 5-15 days if they survive birth - but Baby Eliot miraculously held on for 99 days. His parents chronicled every day with a birthday party and journal entry telling their little baby how much they loved him and how blessed they were to know him. Grab a tissue and enjoy the sweetest 6 minutes of your life. It will make you go squeeze and kiss your little ones.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I saw this before and it made me bawl. You are cruel to post this. Just cruel.

Anna Beal said...

Ok, so I'm not going to watch this on your post because I did see it on Oprah. I was a big blubbering mess then and I may be a worse blubbering mess if I watch it now. So touching.

jayna said...

I didn't see this until now.

Thanks for ruining my mascara.

I'm now off to do Caroline's bidding for the rest of the morning...just to cherish her healthy exuberance.

Joby, Julie, Cru and Sage said...

So touching! I had a beautiful little niece that had trisomy 18. She lived 3 months, which was 3 months longer than she was suppose to. It was amazing the spirit this little baby carried. I've never forgotten it. Though she was in our lives such a short time, she was a great blessing.