And Sarah, if you read this, yes I copied you. But the shout out negates any wrongdoing on my part, so i consider myself absolved from any blogger sins.
So without further ado: 33 stunning amazing possibly terrifying things about my 33 year old Hubby:
1. Gabe Beal - say it 5 times fast and tell me what YOU hear? Gotta love your name, it truly IS one of a kind.
2. When I met you and you introduced yourself all I could hear was 'farm' and 'Arco' before my brain shut off. But now - well, its gotta be the best most wholesome thing about you. I love a boy who can do manly outdoor activities in coveralls. Mostly because it means I dont have to do them!
3. It never ceases to amaze me that you can stand to brand cows and clip their horns -- but the slightest movement from a cat and you freeze in terror.
4. I've never met anyone that takes a mid-meal nap before - eat, rest, eat more. I like it.
5. I never knew that bringing a People magazine on our date to the Baseball game would fill you with so much rage. But honey, you knew I wasn't a man when you married me...
6. Thank goodness you like to travel. Even if it is to a town called Letha on a sunday night.
7. I appreciated that as a bachelor you enjoyed decorating your condo for the holidays. Very festive!
8. You had some pretty crazy boyfriends. I cant believe I ate out of the same pistachio jar as jeremy. I shudder.
9. Ive never met a person who knew such huge amounts of random sports trivia..but at the same time believed "Independency" to be a real word. Such as "I love my independency too much to get married"
10. You love football so much that I could cry. And often do...
11. I appreciate your love of good celebrity gossip.
12. Flexing. You love it. I think you think that I love it too. And other people.
13. You have never received a gift I have given you appropriately. There is no big thank you, i love it, you shouldn't have. There is a lot of I dont need this, this is gay, and why would i want that? And thus, you now know why you took yourself to Lowes and bought yourself a drill this year. You're welcome.
14. You love me even though I am a heartless, cold, unfeeling woman who hates being touched during sacrament meeting.
15. You keep Gandolfos in business, and I love that I can always bribe you with those sandwiches to take me on a lunch date!
16. Even though you hated our honeymoon in Paris, you 'toughed it out' for me. merci
17. Maybe my most favorite thing about you is the fact that you are not tight with money. If someone needs something, you get it for them. And when that someone is me, needing new jeans, well - you do what you have to do!
18. Im glad you like kids, especially our kid who looks and acts just like you. I think you love her more than me, which is just right!
19. I am very impressed with your teaching skills. The SS kids love you. (Clearly it is not based on your spelling)
20. Im glad you are handy with tools and can always hang a picture straight, or a huge 200 pound tv. whatever the job calls for.
21. You can stuff a crock pot on sunday like nobodies business. Even though I am always willing to cook you a frozen pizza.
22. Your calves ARE amazing. Even if Harts thighs give them a run for their money.
23. I appreciate that you care about having a Tan. Nothing makes me happier than seeing your swim trunks rolled up pool-side as high as they can go!
24. Im glad you almost married like, everyone I know. It makes for some great stories around the blog world, and who are we kidding - around my dinner table. Im glad you and my brother in law shared a common bond of being rejected by the same girl. what were the odds?
25. You take such great care of the hair you have left. As you explained to me - they are your sheep. You know them each by name.
26. Im pretty sure your favorite dessert is peach pie.
27. Remember the time when our relationship nearly ended over "divorce chili" and the infamous cranberry sauce? Im still boycotting thanksgiving and all its evils.
28. You are weak sauce when it comes to our daughter. One peep and shes in our bed saying "hi mama, dada, baybee!" Her shoes also cost more than mine.
29. You + Mountain Dew = me ticked
30. I think it is hilarious that you will only watch certain movies during particular seasons of the year. For example, a few months ago I suggested watching "Rudy" to which you replied, "no, its not cold enough outside yet."
31. Your mother is the most hysterical woman I have ever met. You remind me of her every day when you shout out "oh my LANDS!" I still have no idea what that even means. Just a classic Beal term.
32. Thank you for teaching our daughter words like "TOUCHDOWN" and "AIRPLANE". I was going more for words like "PRETTY!" and "Shopping" but oh well.
33. You are the handsomest devil I know. And I know you agree :)
wife + 2 kids
Gabes Life in Pictures:
You were born. Ahh cute.
You grew up feral on a farm
You learned early on to survive life in a big family (thats YOU in the dump truck)
In no time at all you had wooed the town of Arco, and some of its finest citizens. All hail the Prom King.
You served a faithful mission to the Canary Islands. (although some swear this is where you started to become 'worldy')
And when you got home, you began your marvelous 9 year stretch as the world's most eligible bachelor. Deep bromances were formed:
There were victories to celebrate...
Trips were taken....
And MORE trips (remember this was 9 whole years!)
Until FINALLY...you came upon the new girl at FHE and KNEW you could " maybe one day somehow kinda love her." (yes, that is an actual quote from somewhere around the 2 week mark in our relationship)
You charmed her with your awesome muscles and even more awesome fashion choices
And so, after months of dedication and determination....you finally married the girl of your dreams.
You had a dream wedding... and lived happily ever after:
For 1 year.
And then came Brigitte. And you realized that once again...you were in love.
You are thrilled to have a child that looks exactly like you.
And you have taught her some very bad habits that we are STILL trying to break...
But all in all, you are a very good Daddy. Who would do ANYTHING for his girls!
And you have the most Grateful wife EVER!
Happy Birthday Gabe