Tuesday, October 11, 2011

37 weeks....

And no end in sight!

I went to the Dr this morning hoping to have the ol membranes stripped. No such luck, seeing as I am not dilated even a teensy tiny bit. I have mixed feelings about this of course. First of all - I am SHOCKED that I wasnt at least a 1...since I have CRAZY contractions ALL the time. And not just the painless tightening ones. Sometimes after a long day of chasing kids and cleaning I have the annoying crampy ones that start in my back. Nice. Well its  good to know they arent doing a dang thing to help me out!

On the other hand of course - I am completely not ready to have another baby. At least not this week! Brigitte and Spencer are both sick with colds and coughs (big surprise there!), my house in basically in shambles, and I havent even unpacked the baby blankets and clothes in order to sort and wash them.  I still need to find the infanct car seat in the garage and rearrange all the carseats in the car. Plus, since Spencer is still in his crib we sort of need to figure out a new sleeping arrangement for the new babe. So I guess its a good thing im not showing signs of labor! Talk about in denial and unprepared!

The truth is, I have had a GREAT pregnancy...but I am starting to really feel awful these days! Emotionally Im super grouchy and little things make me feel totally out of control. Im glad I havent felt like this all along, so I really can't complain. But when my kids are having tantrums and the laundry is piled up, I sort of have to take a few minutes to get a grip or else I would lose it!

My weight gain has miraculously been in the 'normal' range instead of the 'holy cow you gained how much' range this time around. But another 2-3 weeks of pregnancy will definitely bump me from one bracket to the next!  I have managed to avoid maternity clothes altogether up to this point, but its pretty slim pickins in my closet. For instance, I tried to wear a pair of leggings today and I could hear the fabric crying as I tried to s t r e t c h into them. Not good. Time to bust out the fat pants!

Brigitte is going to be really cute with this baby. She obsessively tells me that her toys (babies, kitties, what have you) have just come out of her tummy and they are soooo cute and little!!! And where she completely ignored Spencer when he came home, I think she is going to be a good little mommy this time around. Ill have to be sure to keep an eye on her though or else I have a feeling Id find the new baby in Brigittes doll stroller being wildly strolled throughout the house!

Spencer - is going to have a tough time. I had hoped he would be oblivious to the baby and just stay his sweet little even tempered self. Alas, he has become quite attached to me and cries whenever I leave him with a sitter, or try to hold someone elses baby.  Hopefully Brigitte will be able to keep him distracted and entertained so he doesnt feel totally abandoned! Im not worried overall, because I know the more kids you have the better they all play together and the easier life is. But the first few months are rough during the adjustment phase!

Anyway, here's to probably 2 more sleepless, uncomfortable, heartburning, contracting weeks of pregnancy. My next appt isnt until next friday because Dr West is going out of town, so maybe at the earliest I will get things moving next weekend. Its almost like your last days on earth - what do I do with my few precious days???? I think a trip the hair dresser is in order, and possibly a pedicure....

13 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i was totally going to go get a pedicure with you.... infact i was going to text you this evening - BUT THEN, i clicked on your blog and saw your TINY little pregnant body.... you are not allowed to see me until i am at least 3 months postpartum!!! oh my gosh, christy!!! you are so freaking cute and skinny!!! i am ONLY 4 mos preg and i have ALREADY reached the 'normal' weight gain range. i seriously look like a beached whale next to you!!! :( but, seriously good for you! you look amazing!

XOXO

The Cannons said...

How you have managed to not wear maternity jeans is beyond me. Amazing. See when I get pregnant my weight gain is big time in my thighs, butt, hips, along with the belly. That is why after I have a baby I look pretty good because I am just a little chubbier everywhere so it's not all in my tummy. I gain my weight in proportion, I guess that's a good thing.

Let me know if you need anything. The last few weeks being pregnant with Piper were rough for me. I needed some serious distractions. So if you need to craft or cook or whatever I am always down for a good excuse for a distraction.

jayna said...

I don't know where you are going to find a REAL baby when you finally stop fooling and take that tiny soccer ball out from under your shirt! Seriously! :)

Heather and Dave said...

Wow. I had to whip out my maternity tub of clothes at like 15 weeks. You look like a hot little teenager that's preggo. Sper jealous you look so good!! You got some good genes woman! Hope you get another baby girl that says "oh honey" the way brig does ;)

Brandon & Amber said...

You look so good for 37 weeks my goodness! Three is so much fun! And it would be fun to have crafty fun day...next time I'm in town we will have to get together! I can't wait to this baby!! Cherish this next little bit with just two! :)

kecia said...

you are WAY too cute pregnant!
I can't believe how little you are at 37 weeks! I swear I am that big right now at almost 20 weeks...or bigger!

Erin said...

You are the cutest little pregnant thing. I am so anxious for you you these next few weeks. Um...i wish i lived close cuz I need a pedicure BAD.
And I am in lOVE with your wood stairs in the background. can I come over?

Mull Family said...

gorgeous!!!!! ummm i had a baby 3 months ago and im pretty sure i currently weigh more than u do! was there ever a more beautiful pregnant lady? doubtful...
:) good luck! hang in there! xoxo

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

oh sorry! that "mull family" comment was from me! my friend had been signed in on her gmail account from my computer! ;)

Alisa said...

You are so freaking skinny!!! Good luck!

Nicole said...

Oh you are so entertaining. Can't wait to read the adventures with THREE kiddos! So fun!

Andrea Cutler said...

I am a friend of Jayna....I saw the teaser pic on her blog and had to click. And I just have to say that you have the CUTEST baby belly!! Good luck with you little one....and I do know what you mean when you are trying to decided what to do with those last few precious days....be sure to work in a nap!

DILENGE CREW said...

Christy, ease those delightful back craps by sitting in the evening on a ball ( you know the big ones, for like pilates or birthing) holy cow it was like a dream when I draped my fat butt over one of those in the evening after all the kids were in bed. You are super tiny I am two years postpartum and still don't look like that super jealous. Glad you are unprepared cuz number three is always crazy....