Friday, August 22, 2008

Blessing Dress Catastrophe!

I went over to my moms today to show her Brigitte's blessing dress that I ordered last week. I LOVE this dress, but it showed up looking all large and made for a toddler. I took it to Mom in hopes that she could throw it in her magic dryer and shrink it up for me.(She for some reason has an incredible talent for turning normal sized clothing into anorexic proportions.) Anyway, we tried it on the baby and lo and behold, it fit pretty well. Its in need of a little alteration...but I think its going to work. Here is the picture of it from the website I got it from. Obviously, ours is white. And not wrinkled. Its longer than Id like it to be, but call her catholic - shes wearing it!
I originally planned on using the tiny white dress I bought in Paris for her blessing...but since my baby is beefy she is going to outgrow it before September. So instead, my mom and I did a little photo shoot of her in it, and I have to say - my baby looks dang good in French fashion! We also took some naked chubby picures of her, because her little body is so darn adorable! (we went to the Dr today and she weighs 9lbs 8 oz!!!) I cant believe she is so big already! Except that I can, being part Gabe and all. Oh we just love her! I still cant believe this is MY baby.










9 comments:

jayna said...

She is sooo cuties and sweet! We knew she had gotten bigger! I love that camera + necked babies..it's always good fun. That one picture of Brigitte asleep with her arms folded is the cutest one!

Sherry said...

I'm quite the photographer if I do say so myself :) She's adorable.

amy said...

she is adorable! enjoy that newborn stage...they really do grow up so fast.

megan&steve said...

Snuggily little girl! She is going to be super stylin with you, your mom & Jayna spoiling her! I'm glad your mom has the super shrinker dryer for Brigittes blessing dress.. whew!

Diana & CJ said...

Love both the dresses. Very classy.

The Cannons said...

She is so cute and I love those pictures. She looks so cute in the Paris dress, I think she would totally fit in that in 2 weeks. But hey the other dress is cute too. Man I said cute like 50 times.
Mitzi

Tiffany said...

Your baby smiles more than any baby of that age I have ever seen! Or.. your mom is lucky with that camera. She is cute.. congrats. BTW.. personally I like the long dresses. Very pretty! Hopefully Tyler and Jayna will make it to your blessing!

Designing Woman said...

Thank you for posting a ton of pictures! I love them all! She is getting so big and looking like a little girl already!
PS: super cute blessing dress!!

Craig and Lori said...

I LOVE these pictures!! What a sweetheart.