Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Brigitte Update

I am a TERRIBLE blog mother. I never post my cute slash educational play group pictures or even brag about my 15 month old's extensive vocabulary and motor skills! All of our time lately has been spent on being holed up in my disinfected house avoiding the swine flu and all people who might have or carry it. (If you or your dirty children fall into that category - our apologies. We still love you,
just not your germs :)

So, we havent done any major photoshoots lately (again, what kind of blogmother am I???) and Brigitte's fall/winter wardrobe makes me depressed with the ugly baby blues. She needs a big healthy trip to H&M ASAP if you ask me. But alas, here is an honest, non-shiny peek into our daily lives with our crazy girl:





What on earth is she doing you might ask? Well dont you worry - she is just crawling into the empty cupboards of the island in the kitchen. She likes to sit there and eat things she has stolen out of the pantry. Naughty things like chips (which she chokes on every time, and still - she wants to eat them!)
 I think she thinks she is hiding or something, like I cant see her. She is as wild as ever - and has the hair to prove it. Yes, that is natural, and No we dont style it that way. I have tried a number of remedies, but alas, her mischievous mullet is here to stay. I do kind of like the way Brigitte always looks as though she has just escaped a room full of staticky balloons, but that could just be a mothers love clouding my better beauty judgement....

I just cant help but be mystified at myself for giving birth to "Thing 3"

Shes a wild one. But we love her!

10 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

She's SO cute!! I am so jealous that you have a beautiful little GIRL!! Maybe next time for me!! Ü

Amber said...

She is adorable and I love her hair! My daughter has some pretty crazy curly hair that is hard to contain as well. I love it!

Julia said...

Wow it is so crazy how time flies! She is such a big girl now, and I love the wild hair.

Jana said...

Seriously, the 'you or your dirty children' line made me laugh really hard! Brigitte is so cute, and I'm glad I got to see her spunk in person the other day.

Cool Pet Picks said...

Ha Ha! That is so funny! We love our little thing1 and thing 2 (combined to make thing 3)!

jayna said...

Caroline saw me looking at this and said "Mom? Is Brigitte going to have that cupboard for her room now so the new baby can have her beautiful princess room?"

After I was done laughing hysterically I told her no, that you guys weren't going to Harry Potter Briggite anytime soon. Oh second children....soon you too will know their joy! :)

p.s. It just wouldn't be Brig if she didn't have such a glorious static-y mullet.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being the first "family blogger" who's actually made it difficult for me to find their home address in less than my self imposed two hour time period. I even came back a few times to see if I'd missed any clues. Sorry there's no t-shirt or other prize, but that's not what I'm doing.

I've found a rather creative method of teaching my teenaged children about internet safety. I put a last name with the words "family" and "blog" into google and start reading whatever comes up. You're the first "family" blogger who hasn't made it easy to find her home address. Sometimes they actually include it in some of their posts. Others post so many pictures of their neighborhood that I've only had to look up a few street names. One blogger posted a picture of her smiling child next to a copy of her electric bill. Duh!! You'd think these people never watch the news or something.

Once again...congratulations. My children and I thank you for your participation in their internet safety education.

Anonymous said...

I almost forgot...

Drop by and say hello:

http://stalkersinparadise.blogspot.com

stadia said...

All I will say is that Bigette's hair takes ofter her mother's air. I have the picturet o prove it but I wont embaress Christy with it.

stadia said...

Translation of my badly misspelled post....Like mother, like daughter