Yes, This is my mother. And yes....she often gets mistaken for my sister. There are too many great qualities about her that I admire to do this list justice, but here are a few of my most favorite things about her:
- My mother is one of the MOST hilarious people I know. Either on purpose or not, she tends to make us all fall on the floor in hysterics. Whether its a bra in her hair, or a funny sing song tale about her dinner - she just has a way of making ordinary things seem extraordinarily funny.
- My mother whether she knows it or not, has a great sense of adventure. It may have started when she fell into a sewer as a 4 year old. Maybe it was living at the Radar site, or braving the Montana winters. Wherever it came from, I appreciate that she can adapt to crazy situations - even if she prefers Beverly Hills :)
- What really bonds us together is our mutual infatuation with Paul McCartney. And mom, just for today I will let you be his BIGGEST fan. (but tomorrow its back to normal where I am next in line as his girlfriend)
- My mom taught me how to appreciate chips and dips, taco bell, soap operas, and kirk cameron as a child. I chalk up my well roundedness to her home schooling education.
- My mom always let me do crazy things. She never wanted me to miss out on anything exciting. Hence my random trips to Paris, Australia, and a tiny stint living in LA at 17. It took guts to let me make those decisions on my own...and still I wonder how you did it. You just really wanted me to be happy.
- Mom, you taught me the magic of test driving cars you cant afford when you need a little pick me up. Sometimes on a very bad day i can still feel the wind in my hair of that Audi TT convertible.
- Speaking of convertibles - remember my first car you accidentally talked Dad into letting us buy? I know we only really got it because you thought it would be fun. And you can be very persuasive!
- We all got our love of babies from you. Nobody loves being a grandmother more. My kids are SO lucky to have you.
Happy Mothers Day Bobbins! We love you!
My mother in law is a treasure. A true hidden gem. She somehow raised a huge family of 9 kids, on a farm, in a town with no grocery store. She has my respect - and also I genuinely enjoy her company, especially her stories and hilarious conversations. She tells it like it is - and I love that. Here are a few more of the things that make her great:
- She is not ashamed to bear her testimony at all times, in all things, and in all places. Even on my wedding day in Central Park - all of New York heard it from her lips that we had just been sealed for time and ALL ETERNITY. This lady has guts when it comes to religion!
- Shelley is a natural entertainer. She can sing, act, and is a hoot to watch during a game of Guesstures. She instilled a sense of joy for life into all her kids - and they all have a great sense of confidence when it comes to sharing their talents. Shyness...is not a Beal trait!
- Shelley is an expert student. She takes notes from the BYU and History channel and always keeps a spirit of learning about her. She posts scriptures around the house, and always looks for an opportunity to acquire new knowledge.
- She is just a fantastic cook. Her cold slaw, pot roast, and any of her desserts are my favorite.
- She is just very honest. With herself and others.
- Ive never met a more ambitious or energetic person in all my life. I swear Ive never met anyone else who pulls out their refrigerator to give the floor behind it a good cleaning. Every year. On a schedule.
We love you Granny! Happy Mothers Day!
How did I get the best two kids in the whole world? Thank you my spicy smart Brigitte and my sweet Spencer boy for making me a mom. How lucky am I ???
And the latest pics of our new little man... 2 1/2 weeks old already! I wish time would stop so I could keep my baby little forever! We are just soaking him up. Who needs sleep?