Ok so here are my goals for this year. Dont laugh.
1. Give up pork products. Sigh.
2. Reborn a doll (oh dont worry, I am fully ready for your criticism and mockery)
3. Keep a cleaner house! Notice I said cleanER. Not clean. My house will never be clean! I am a person with realistic ambitions...
4. Read more. With my new lamp that I am going to buy when I complete #5.
5. Decorate our Master Bedroom! Goodbye depressing oatmeal colors. Hello something undecided yet vibrant!
6. Sew a curtain for the kitchen window. I am determined that the innocent people who roam my neighborhood will no longer have to see me makeup-less (and often scantily clad) first thing in the morning. NOBODY should have to see that, even people who have dogs.
7. Potty train my daughter. I know it should be simple. And yet, she somehow makes it soooo complicated. And I dread the fights over which "pannies" shes going to wear. And how many pairs. And where precisely she wants to wear them. Ive never known a girl so in love with underwear outside her pants.
8. GET. MORE. SLEEP. hahahahahahah
9. Throw Spencer a cute first birthday bash.
10. Buy new clothes. Silly I know. But every dime always goes to the kids and my sad sad wardrobe isnt lookin so hot these days.
11. Train to run a HALF marathon. Yes, you heard it here first. I will be training this year. Maybe next year I will actually RUN it. We'll see. Then again, maybe next week I will delete this from my list.
12. Get back to pre-Spencer weight. this may never happen.
13. Force my husband to watch more Audrey Hepburn movies with me.
14. Learn some delicious healthy cooking recipes. goodbye Paula Deen. We will miss you. And the bacon. Sigh.
15. Learn to bake bread. So far... yeast has remained my ever constant enemy.
16. Take more pictures of the kids!
So it seems that our little ghosty friend is back. You may recall our strange hauntings that took place when I was pregnant with Spencer. We thought they had vanished for good these past 8 months because all has been quiet around the house. Alas, it was not meant to be.
Last month Brigitte was standing in the kitchen playing when allof a sudden she stopped and looked over to the staircase. With a huge smil eon her face she pointed up and shouted, "LOOK MOM! THERE HE IS! THE BOY! ooohhh, there he is! " and she was all dancing around and crazy legs. I walked over to her and said What boy Brigitte? Where is he? And she said "Look, there he is, ooooh hes so CUTE! And she was pointing right up to the landing half way up the stairs. ummmm. WEll obviously I couldnt see anyone there. She turned around and went over to her toys, grabbed some care bear figurines to play with and came back to the kitchen. She glanced back to the stairs a few times, so I asked her "where did the boy go?" And she very sadly told me that the "boy was all gone honey."
So nothing else weird had happened, no sightings, freak noises, or anything exciting at all. Until today.
We came home from the Chiropractor and I sat down to check my email. The kids were all over the place with toys and snow white was blaring on the TV. All of a sudden brigitte was half way up the stairs yelling at the "Goat" to get out of her room right now! She was VERY mad and was just talking incessantly "no NO goat! Thats Brigi's room ok honey? You dont touch it my bed and my belle and beast book ok! OK!" I went up the stairs and picked her up and said Brigitte who are you yelling at? Theres nobody in your room! And she looked me right in the eye and said "theres a goat in there." So seeking for some clarification I said "The baby einstein goat?" (which is the only goat she has ever seen in her life). NO, she said. A GOAT.
So, somewhat hesitantly I asked.....A GHOST?
And she nodded her head and said "YES! A GOAT!" thats a little boy goat in it the room touching my bed and it my book.
So there you have it. My child sees goats.