So do you want the bad news first or the terrible news?
The bad news is that I am STILL a zero. As in not dilated even ONE. Tiny. Centimeter.
And the terrible news - is that it's because the baby is BREECH!!!! Yes its true. Its head is nestled right up in my ribcage. It makes sense since I have been having SUCH bad contractions with NO results!
They did an ultrasound to confirm (and no I didnt peek at the gender!) and sure enough it was bum down just like my Dr. suspected. So now we have three options. 1. Wait it out to see if it turns on its own (very extremely unlikely) 2. Do an external rotation to try to flip the baby 3. Schedule the c-section asap.
We opted to try to turn the baby externally since I know a few people who have had successful rotations. My hope is that it will flip on monday and that the trauma will jump start my labor and I can have it naturally like I had planned! But....if it fails then Im off to have the surgery sometime next week.
Im willing to try anything to get the baby to turn. Accupuncture, chiropractic, what have you. But I think if it doesnt flip with the Dr. trying to turn it that I will just opt to book the c-section. Its going to be hard with my other two kids to recover from, so Im really sad that it might be the outcome. However, it is what it is, and thats fine. Whatever. I guess my kids can run wild and quit taking naps or being held for 6 weeks while I recover!
So yes, Im a bit depressed. We came home and rented a terrible chick flick (something borrowed) and I ate a pint of ben and jerrys in one sitting and chased it with 3 deep fried buffalo chicken cheese bites and 2 liter of ginger ale. Now im going to pass out in a calorie induced coma and hope that this baby will do a circque du solei in my sleep!!!
Little stinker! Now I KNOW its a girl for sure! Already causing DRAMA and being difficult!!!