Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Barefoot Chris-tessa


Meet Ina Garten:

She is well known for the use of catchphrases on her show, which include "Mmm...so good", "How bad can that be?", "How good is that?" "The best part? Sharing it with friends" and "...and Jeffrey will never know!"


This woman kills me. Shes always hinting at how sexy her sweater-vest wearing husband is! For any of you who have 30 minutes to kill, check out her show on the Food Network. Im addicted.



I just thought I should share this most spectacular recipe. Its the BEST Stew EVER! Perfect for those cold winter days looming ahead..



Mexican Chicken Soup:
Ingredients



4 Chicken breasts, cooked with salt and pepper, and shredded.

4 diced jalepenos (try not to touch the seeds when you clean out the insides. It burned Gabes hands for hours and hours and he whined about it for DAYS :)


2 cups yellow onion chopped


4 garlic cloves minced (optional, I never have any)


2 cups chopped carrots


1 cup chopped celery


1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatos (dont drain)


2 1/2 quarts chicken broth (one HUGE can)


1 tsp cumin


1 tsp ground coriander


1 T salt


1 tsp pepper


6 white corn tortillas


Toppings (cheese, guac, sour cream, chips)


Directions:

In large pot, add garlic and jalepenos, onions, and carrots. Cook with a little water or oil just until the onions get a little translucent. (This pre-cooking takes the KICK out of the jalepenos)


Then throw in the celery, broth, can of tomatos, chicken and spices.


After you cook this for a while and the soup is done (aka carrotts are soft) here is the secret delicious ingredient:


6 white corn tortillas cut in thin strips - TOSSED INTO THE SOUP!

This thickens it into a medley of treasurous tastes.


Top with sour cream, chips, shredded cheese, or if you are gabe - guacamole. Or eat it plain jane like I do. I just dont ever get sick of this soup. Ive already made it twice this month! And I dont plan on stopping...






3 comments:

The Woodlands said...

It is ridiculous how good this DANG soup sounds...and scary how Matt and I will definitely be eating it at least 4 times this upcoming week. I'm just saying.

Designing Woman said...

I'm really glad you brought this "barefoot contessa" issue up. I thought I was the only one that struggled with this addiction. Or maybe its more of an issue with breaking one of the commandments, I TOTALLY convet her wonderful hamptons life...i'll even take Jeffery (if I have to).

Mark & Deidra Smith said...

Oh JEFFREY!!!!