Monday, September 8, 2008

Brigitte's Blessing Day


Apparently we had a pretty big weekend! Four really great things happened: 1. Braden got baptized 2. Brigitte got blessed 3. Ben and Darcie came to visit and 4. All of the Beals (minus a very pregnant Trisha!) came to town! We had a blast getting together and eating and celebrating as a family. This was the first time Seth, Shelley, Keaton, and Kelsey got to meet Brigitte. She was very well behaved and of course loved being held and talked to by everyone!

I am so proud of my sweet amazing husband who gave one of the best blessings I have ever heard. I was so worried Brigitte would let out one of her famous screams, but she did great. My brother in law Tyler said he watched her throughout the blessing and she just grinned the
 whole time. Apparently she loves blessings- Or lots and lots of male attention!!! We had about 15 guys in the circle, which was funny because there wasnt much Brigitte to go around! Our friends and family who came to the church really made this a special day for us. We had so much great support! After the blessing Gabe bore his testimony and cracked us all up. He dropped a few football jokes, and even a shout out to the 'seriously, so blessed' blog that basically made me fall over on the pew with laughter. I love that he can be so entertaining and spiritual all at the same time! And Thanks Jory and Emily for writing down the blessing for us. That is really special for Brigitte to have in the future. I have awesome friends and family!

We loved having a houseful on Sunday, although I slept for about 5 hours straight after everyone went home! It was exhausting to say the least! We sadly are without any pictures o
f Ben and Darcie - but they were indispensable to us during all the preparation. At one point we were all huddled over chicken carcasses picking off edible meat chunks...laughing hysterically at nothing. Needless to say, they are GOOD GOOD people! I dont think I could have pulled it off without their help. Also, my mom the magician whipped up two of the HUGEST most delicious potato casseroles we Mormons have ever seen! She never left the kitchen during the whole event, and even took care of cleanup duty. She also sewed off the puff in Brigitte's sleeves so she could have the prettiest blessing dress Ive ever seen! Once again, she is the reason I didnt collapse in a pile of defeated tears! My visiting teacher/friend Britney came and shared her photography talents with us, but we havent gotten her pictures back yet. These are a few of the ones we had on our little cameras...so more to come in the future. Thanks everyone for a wonderful memorable day!








11 comments:

Craig and Lori said...

Christy, she's SO beautiful in her little dress! What a beautiful family you have!! =)

Julia said...

Fun! I love the pictures, that is so neat Brigitte and Jordyn were blessed on the same day!

Sherry said...

Such a wonderful day :) SERIOUSLY

Sherry said...

Seriously, such a wonderful day :)

jayna said...

What's with Mom's 2fer comments?:)

I'm still in disbelief that Lila and I were sick and not there. Tyler is a pretty good re-capper though, so I feel like I got a glimpse of all the fun things. Like your baby smiling the whole time. Like Gabe crying the whole time. Like the bounty of delicious food and delicious Beals that over ran your home afterward.

Congratulations Brigitte--you are one lucky girl!!

Anna Beal said...

You guys did such a great job of hosting everyone. The stress of it all probably would have put me over the edge. Yummy food and great times. Alex mentioned to me that he thought that blessing was the best he's EVER heard. It was so special. Thanks for inviting us to celebrate Bridgette. She is a doll.

Diana & CJ said...

So cool. What a special day.

amy said...

sounds like the blessing day/weekend went beautifully. Brigitte is a doll & Cristy, you look fabulous! we can't wait to meet Brigitte one day.

The Cannons said...

Oh I love sweet Brigitte. I want to hold her again. Your food was so good afterward, Yum it's making me hungry just to think about.
Mitzi

Anonymous said...

What a memory! The whole weekend was just sensational!!!

Erin said...

What a honey!! You guys looks so happy with her. COngratualtions.