Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Favorite fall recipe *For Shelley* and another TAG
There is a magical dessert that Paula Deen taught me to make. Its called "Gooey Pumpkin Butter Cake" and it changed my life. Its SO amazing, rich, delicious, and comforting. PERFECT for these chilly fall days ahead. AND its a really super easy alternative to Pumpkin Pie. If you have to take a dessert anywhere this one is a HUGE crowd pleaser. Totally worth the fat grams people! Try it out, You will thank me.
1 yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter SOFT (if you melt it and its hot it will scramble your egg!)
combine and press into bottom of 9x13 glass dish
1 brick of cream cheese SOFT
1 stick of butter SOFT
1 box of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 small can of pumpkin pie filling
Blend and pour over crust. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
And a Fall 'Tag"
8 favorite TV shows
1. Grays Anatomy
2. Desperate Housewives
3. Arrested Development
4. Designing Women
5. Ally Mcbeal - oh how I miss you
6. Baby Story, Runway moms, Deliver me ( pretty much all TLC shows thrill me)
7. Jon and Kate plus 8
8. Dateline, 20/20
8 favorite restaurants
1. Sakana or Ahi for sushi
2. Jack in the box for dollar chicken sandwiches
3. Taco Bell for bean burritos with sour cream 4. GoodWood for smoked turkey sandwiches 5. Pizza Hut for plain cheese with fresh tomato pizza 6. Maverick gas station for the BEST BREAD IN THE WORLD 7. Smoky Mountain pizza and pasta for jumbo cheese ravioli 8. Olive garden for soup salad bread and alfredo sauce!
8 things that happened yesterday
1. Brigitte had a giant blowout that required a complete outfit overhaul
2. Went to Marshalls to exchange work out clothes
3. Watched a really stupid netflix movie with Gabe called 'The Invisible"
4. Finished season 4 of Desperate Housewives
5. Read people magazine about Paul Newmans death
6. Cursed/Ignored the upcoming election and all the crap on tv about it
7. Bought a cute black and white baby sling
8. Dishes, laundry, and other household chored were IGNORED! yay!
8 things to look forward to
1. Two potential trips to SLC
2. Getting something small and shiny from Tiffanys in my stocking
3. Brigitte's first Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
4. Curtis and Kallies Birthdays
5. Quitting breastfeeding and getting my old body back!!!
6. Drinking zip fizz and diet coke again
7. Snow and sledding with my family!
8. Buying an adorable kitten
8 things I love about fall
1. The clothes ( Basically new Jeans)
2. scarves and boots
3. It reminds me of my paris vacation 4 years ago with Courtney
4. The smells (pumpkin, cider, spice, leaves, cold air!)
5. Summer clothes go on clearance!
6. gaining 5 pounds just because no one can tell under that trench coat
7. soup - bring on the corn chowder!
8. The colors - everything get so pretty
8 things on my wishlist
3. sewing machine
4. a bike
5. jeans, jeans, jeans
6. a cruise
7. winning the lottery
8. brigittes hair will hurry up and grow in!
8 friends to tag: