Sunday, April 11, 2010

The countdown has begun...


INDUCTION DATE: APRIL 21ST

I am so excited to see this little guy! I have my LAST doctors appointment this wednesday morning, and then if I don't magically go into labor on my own in the next week, I will be getting induced on wednesday the 21st! HALLELUJAH! The end is near. 

At my last appointment (a week ago) I was dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced. I was hopeful that a spicy meal and some exercise (aka intense shopping) would work in my favor... but alas, here I am. Still with child. And contracting 24 hours a day.

I weigh right now, as much as I did the day I delivered Brigitte. I am fearful that this child is HUGE! He gains about an ounce a day...and I gain about 2 more pounds a week! My cankles are starting to make a reappearance and its amazing to me that no matter how big I think I am, the next day I am somehow bigger! The human body is amazing. I still can't believe that Im PEOPLE right now. Not person - but people. And I am definitely running out of room to house this extra little body!

I never felt a contraction with Brigitte and I never felt the post-partum baby buzz/euphoria that people describe. (In fact all I felt was the black hole of misery and a broken tailbone-like sensation!) I have a theory that in order to feel the relief of the epidural you need to feel the pain of the contractions! So I have a goal to labor this time. I want to see how far I can go before demanding medication. Im not opposed to natural childbirth and Im not opposed to epidurals. I dont have any preconceived birth plan dreams....Im just going to see what happens and how bad it gets :)

I have to do antibiotics and pitocin (most likely) which makes contractions hideous... but the rumor is second babies come faster, so maybe it will be quick and dirty with lots of screaming. But dont be surprised if you read my birth story and come to learn that after dilating to a 4 that I demanded demerol, an epidural, and a tubal ligation :) 

Here's to prayers that the boy doesn't weigh 12 pounds :) Send me all your good delivery advice!!! And Id love to hear from anyone who actually made it without meds. Was your recovery better? Did you avoid the dreaded stitches? Or was it just a painful road to the same outcome??? Im so curious! 


Also, here are two quick pictures of Brigitte ready for Church today. She looked so cute in her Easter dress from Grammy! Thanks mom!



22 comments:

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

i can't believe he is almost here! funny how other people's pregnancies fly by! you look gorgeous by the way, but i did laugh super hard at your bigger by the day comment! good luck with the natural delivery!!

Myca said...

I am so jealous right now...

Myca said...

You look amazing by the way :)

megan&steve said...

Good luck! 2nd time around, I kinda knew the process to speed things up was getting my epidural & breaking my water & pumping potocin in me. It worked!
You could have a 4:20 baby, thats my hubby's birthday.

Julia said...

Hey my epidural wore off twice. I felt the end intense contractions, but it wasn't anything you can't breathe threw. Plus after I delivered it wore off so I felt all the stitches, but it really wasn't that bad. Your just so glad to be done you can hardly feel them. It felt like getting a shot in your gums, you can feel it, but it doesn't hurt too bad.

Anna Beal said...

Look at that bump, you are so small. My advice for labor...get a perfect epidural and you'll feel as much pain as you want to be feeling. #1, had to wait for the epidural...not worth the pain. My #2 was perfect, #3..I was so glad I had that epidural because when it came time to push...he was FACE UP!!! That was awful! You never know.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

You are a SUPER cute preggo! Perfectly rounded little tummy!! My first epi didn't work and unfortunately, since I didn't know what it was supposed to feel like, I dialated to a 7 with it not working before I requested another. It's totally do-able as long as you stay focused and breathe! But, o man, once they replaced that baby...*heaven* :)
So if you want to feel the contractions then go for it but my advice is to not experience the pain for longer than an hour. It's just not worth it; you'll make yourself tired and won't be able to enjoy the special day.
Either way...good luck! You'll be great! I'm sending happy labor thoughts your way!!

jayna said...

Umm, do you have no memory at all?

Please refresh...

(http://thehawsfamily.blogspot.com/2008/04/baby-story.html)

kecia said...

what a gorgeous pregnant woman you are! Hw exciting you are on the final countdown!! Can't wait to see the little guy! Love Brigitte;s easter dress!

Mitzi Beal said...

For one I can't wait until this baby is born. It's always a mystery what you guys are going to name your babies. Especially this time around since even you don't know. Second you are so dang cute it's just wrong. And thirdly I say get the epiderual the sooner the better. Especially if you have to have pitosin. With Corbin I wasn't even dilated to a two before I was begging for the epidural. Seriously. I don't think how far your dilated really matters for the pain factor. It's about how strong and how often your contractions are coming. With Corbin I just didn't have a break before the next awful contraction and it wasn't even helping me dilate. It wasn't until hours of agony that they let me finally have the epidural and THEN he came fast after that. Without the horrible pain I was able to relax and start dilating. With Gabrielle they gave me the epidural at the same time as the pitosin and it was awesome. I'm never going back to any other way if I have any control of the situation. Okay this is really long but good luck with whatever you decide to do. I say drugs first please.

Caroline said...

you look FAB! I keep checking your blog & facebook to see if anything has happened, but now I know!! I had an epidural with Meredith & was all set to have one with Will & Fflyr (over here they like you to have an epidural with multies in case they have to rush you in for a c-section for baby number 2). So I had no birthing plan as thought it was covered! Went in to be induced, contractions started, asked for pain relief "no you're not dilated enough" - I was so tired I actually fell asleep between contractions believe it or not! When I could take it no more Alex went to ask for pain relieve & this time it was "er, sorry you're about to deliver, no time for pain relieve" & out popped Fflyr, swiftly followed by Will". Personally if I were to have another baby (no chance!) I would still ask for pain relief, but if was told I couldn't for some reason, it wouldn't worry me! Of course it hurts, but it is do-able & lets face it the end result is worth it, even with the pain!! You go for it girl & yes have you decided on a name yet?

Allison Bonner said...

that would be so cute if baby beal and lila loo had the same birthday. what a special thing to share.

Erin said...

10 days and totally hot. Good luck girl. I cant wait to hear of this tale.

Designing Woman said...

You really look SO gorgeous pregnant. Like, Christ + basketball, and that's it. In my dreams I'll look like that!!!

Designing Woman said...

ha ha ha...I can't believe I forgot the 'Y' that the end of your name....awkward!!! (I Clearly meant to say Christy + Basketball). I am so lame.

Jana said...

Christy, you look amazing! I can't wait to see pictures of a sweet much-smaller-than-12-lbs baby boy :).

Kelley Gubler said...

oh my goodness, please take the epidural. i had one without and one with. definitely a much more pleasant experience with the drugs. when it comes to labor, you don't need to experience the pain to experience the joy. the joy comes no matter what, so i say be comfortable! and by the way, you are tiny!! i was that big at 6 months along.

amy said...

you look fabulous!! best of the luck with the delivery. you'll do great!

Sherry said...

You look AMAZING and Brigitte is so cute in her dress :) Can't wait for next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We'll be there with bells on - well not really.

Kristy said...

I was wondering what computer game Brigitte plays to learn her ABC's. I have been looking for a good one.
You seriously look so great! And Brigitte looks adorable in her dress! I love that her ears are pierced!

Brandon & Amber said...

Yea!! I can't wait for you to have your baby! Oh and by the way I still have your baby present from your shower I missed. Let me know if I can help with anything when you have the baby!

Jennifer said...

Well it looks like I checked in just in time. You wear that baby well. Anyway, I did what you are "planning" with my number two. I actually knew I would get an epidural, but I wanted to feel it until I didn't want to feel it anymore. It was great. Now, number 4 I had no choice. It was too late for ANYTHING. I couldn't even get a little somethin-somethin to take the edge off. While it was hell for 5 minutes, I recovered so much quicker. It was the only time I didn't need stitches, and I did feel that euphoria. Pure bliss, I tell you. Being completely honest though, I'm glad I had the experience, but I wish I would have gone in earlier so I could have had an epidural. What can I say? After 3 births with one, I was addicted. I'm pretty confident that if were not LDS, I'd be a drug addict. So maybe I'm not the best example, but that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

Good luck on Wednesday! I can't wait to see pictures and hear how it all goes.